spinchat.com · the community: Large discussion board and chat, meet new friends

» Register for free
Sitemap
: bored with vampires and zombies
*Steve*
16 Aug 2009 01:11

bored with vampires and zombies

how many more books and films do we need about vampires (mostly for the girls) and zombies (mostly for the boys)?

It's been done to death (and beyond).


Want to talk with them?     Register for free

billturner
16 Aug 2009 18:25

its sex based so I have read

I have read articles where many women claim to love the whole image of the vampire. The leather, cape, blood sucking, hint of S & M etc etc. Is it true ladies?????


htrix
16 Aug 2009 19:00

Zombies are awesome!!!

How can you say you're bored with zombies?!


*Steve*
16 Aug 2009 19:19

yeah

they are awesome, but they seem to be everywhere. A bit of a zombie/vampire overload.


htrix
16 Aug 2009 21:49

re

> they are awesome, but they seem to be everywhere.

They are?! Quick, boys!! Grab the axes and sawn-offs!! IT'S FINALLY HAPPENED!!


Trillian
17 Aug 2009 10:09

tired of fantasy

In general just tired of fantasy. I like Harry Potter, but cmon... the books were fine, lets move on. Vampires still attract us for some reason, as if we didn't get enough in Buffy the vampire slayer. And for zombies, there is a reason why they are mostly directed towards guys, girls simply find them irrelevant in any connection.

Lets zoom in on some more realistic yet entertaining books about real life. Such as Star Wars. Thats a good story.


htrix
17 Aug 2009 12:30

re

> And for zombies, there is a
> reason why they are mostly directed towards guys, girls
> simply find them irrelevant in any connection.

Not all girls. I'm a girl, and I find anything to do with zombies to be loads of fun, especially films. And I know loads of other girls who think the same. I will admit, though, that vampires tend to be aimed at women. I just find all that gothic romance stuff irritating.


Trillian
17 Aug 2009 12:34

hm

Zombies are somewhat disgusting. They dont appeal to people in the sexy way that vampires do. They are just rotten pieces of moving meat. But whatever makes your world spin.


htrix
17 Aug 2009 14:23

re

> Zombies are somewhat disgusting.

That's the point.

> They dont appeal to
> people in the sexy way that vampires do.

No, they appeal in a fun way.

> They are just
> rotten pieces of moving meat.

Exactly. And they eat people's brains.

> But whatever makes your
> world spin.


sebbenforte
17 Aug 2009 14:46

Re:

Women, generally, just love men who will dominate them– physically and emotionally. Edward from Twilight is an easy example because he's an object of desire for millions and millions of women (and gay men) around the world. He is vastly superior, physically, to the girl who is in love with him– could easily kill her if that's what he wanted to do and he makes that abundantly clear to her. Furthermore he doesn't think she's competent to make good decisions, so he makes all of her decisions for her– something she allows and is content with.

Women just want to be dominated. That's why the phrase "Nice guys finish lasts" exists, and that's why women love tough guys, and that's why half of all marriages end in divorce. Don't worry though ladies. Men just want to dominate, which is just as pathetic. Parasitism and predation are pre-historic impulses that still exist in a (very large) sub-human population, but some of us have gotten over it.


Trillian
17 Aug 2009 15:18

off-topic

> Women just want to be dominated. That's why the phrase
> "Nice guys finish lasts" exists, and that's why women love
> tough guys, and that's why half of all marriages end in
> divorce. Don't worry though ladies. Men just want to
> dominate, which is just as pathetic.

Reason why lots of marriages end in divorce is because its an "easy" solution, compared to make it work. And because today women can take care of themselves. 50 years ago, they were dependent on the man's income.

A dominant man makes a girl feel more feminine, but hell would be lose if the guy tried to take all decisions... gosh


Raistlin_ ♂
John
17 Aug 2009 15:51

re

i detested Twilight so much.

and if i was going to be looking for a sexually superior specimen in a vampire,

BLADE.

case dismissed.


sebbenforte
17 Aug 2009 16:08

Re:

> Reason why lots of marriages end in divorce is because its
> an "easy" solution, compared to make it work.

That's after the fact. Marriages that end in divorce are marriages that failed. Marriages fail because women prefer men who dominate them physically and emotionally.

> A dominant man makes a girl feel more feminine, but hell
> would be lose if the guy tried to take all decisions...
> gosh

You say you like a man that is dominant, and in the same breath you challenge his dominance. The fact is you might feel questioning at first, just like the young woman in Twilight, but you would eventually submit because dominance makes you feel more feminine– read: makes you horny. That's the whole detestable point I was making in the first place. That attitude harkens back to the days when men carried clubs and if they wanted to have sex with a woman they'd just drag her back to the cave by her hair. That's dominance. That would be a crime today so the reality of dominance has been toned down significantly, but prehistoric-minded women like Twilight fans still just crave a good clubbing.

As I said, some of humanity is trudging along up the evolutionary slope. Some of humanity, those with the hopelessly anti-feminist idea that "dominance makes a woman feel feminine" can't say the same though.


Trillian
17 Aug 2009 16:26

blade???

I didn't see twilight, but Blade?? cmon... that movie sucked big time, I was even stupid enough to watch the second one too.


Raistlin_ ♂
John
17 Aug 2009 16:36

re

you mean you didnt see Blade 3: Trinity?

now ive lost all hope for humanity...haha

but seriously, I'd seen just about everything there was to do with a vampire till Blade came out,
and it was a 'refreshing' concept to an old plot, and far more enjoyable.

Didnt see twilight? good. no really, you didnt miss anything. best way to sum it up,

Is imagine a 'Metro-sexual' make him a teenager, give him trippy eyes, and more appealing to homosexuals
than females, and you have Twilight.

Next: Twilight 2: Biting It Like Beckham


billturner
17 Aug 2009 16:42

Seb thats why roleplay exists

so couples can act out those "inbred" traits. Having never been married ( lived in sin once ) I have had quite a few girlfriends over the years and I would say well over half did have "submissive" tendencies. Once they allowed themselves to "give up control " so to speak they became much more sexual, not just orgasm wise but overall enjoyment and frequency of sex.


Trillian
17 Aug 2009 17:05

monogami

> That's after the fact. Marriages that end in divorce are
> marriages that failed. Marriages fail because women prefer
> men who dominate them physically and emotionally.

That leads me on to one of my other theories, that basically humans are not made to be monogam. No matter how dominant or interesting or funny guy you have, he will get boring after a while, and thats where you put in an effort to make it more interesting. (and save the marriage). I think we are driven by the urge for a the feel-good-in-love-feeling, and when we dont have that with our partner anymore, we just look for someone else.

> You say you like a man that is dominant, and in the same
> breath you challenge his dominance.

Thats the spice in a relationship. The eternal fight for power:-). (no, thats not a general observation, can only speak for myself)

> That attitude harkens back to the days
> when men carried clubs and if they wanted to have sex
> with a woman they'd just drag her back to the cave by her
> hair. That's dominance.

And indeed its illegal, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. We are after all still animals with desires coming from instincts. Some are just better in suppressing them than others.

> Some of humanity, those with the
> hopelessly anti-feminist idea that "dominance makes a
> woman feel feminine" can't say the same though.

There are different degrees to dominance, ranging from dragging a woman into a cave to ordering for her at a restaurant without asking. And when I said a dominant mand makes a girl feel more feminine I didn't mean horny, I meant feminine in an attractive way. Horniness is an entirely different subject.


Trillian
17 Aug 2009 17:11

ugly vampire in blade II

well, I kinda liked number 1, so I went to see Blade II, but lost it when I saw this http://inadawords.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/blade-2-reaper.jpg
Besides choking in the candy and coke in the cinema, I recieved a big punch from my sis who made a huge jump in the chair.

Twilight does seem like a teenage pleasing movie, but of course I will see it when its on tv around here, just to see what the fuss is about.


sebbenforte
17 Aug 2009 17:36

Re:

> That leads me on to one of my other theories, that
> basically humans are not made to be monogam.

More pre-historic thinking. What humans were or weren't made for five hundred thousand years ago is irrelevant today. Some humans are still slave to their base, pre-social, caveman impulses and desires, but many are not. The same kind of men who are strive to dominate, and the same kind of women who adore domination, are the same men and women who feel a calling to the wild– to compulsively mate and be sexually promiscuous. These people have failed marriages because modern marriage calls for the individual to overcome these base impulses. And modern marriages fail because some people just can't attain that level of individual social evolution.

> No matter how
> dominant or interesting or funny guy you have, he will
> get boring after a while,

That is an opinion, and I disagree completely.

> And indeed its illegal, but that doesn't mean it doesn't
> happen. We are after all still animals with desires coming
> from instincts. Some are just better in suppressing them
> than others.

"Supressing" insticts isn't correct. Some people just don't have these lowly insticts, because they're not cavemen.

> There are different degrees to dominance, ranging from
> dragging a woman into a cave to ordering for her at a
> restaurant without asking.

Ordering a woman's meal for her is just as barbaric and fundamentally disrespectful to her as anything else. It's not violent and causes no tangible harm so it's not illegal, but it still stinks of dominance and is another example of glorified caveman behavior.

> And when I said a dominant mand
> makes a girl feel more feminine I didn't mean horny, I
> meant feminine in an attractive way. Horniness is an
> entirely different subject.

Of course you didn't expressly mean horny, but that's how women see it. A dominant man brings out her feminine side because it takes her back to the cave in her mind. A dominant man makes a woman feel "feminine" because he is living proof of her physical inferiority– a living reminder that, as a woman, she relies on her looks and her sexual equipment to survive, not her ability to hunt and kill food. That gives her license, and incentive, to be sexual and... "feminine."


***Olivia***
18 Aug 2009 17:16

no

I just think they are sexy. I think its the eyes and the sucking on the neck :) now vampires r so ugly .


Want to talk with them?     Register for free