Sesel
14 Nov 2011 01:38

re

I wish I have even one book to read not to hear lol

theMinstrell
15 Nov 2011 16:57

favorite audiobooks...

David,

There are a lot of good audibooks out there to listen to. My local library allows 5 titles at a time, for download on my PC or mobile phone, for timespans of 1-3 weeks depending on my preference, and availabilty. That might be something to investigate. Perhaps your library has a free service too. Since I enjoy Sci-Fi and fantasy, and classic lit., I will give you one of each and hope you like them. Sci Fi: The Integral Trees, by Larry Niven. Fantasy: A Wizard at Large, by Terry Brooks. Classic Lit.: Frankenstein, by Mary W. Shelley. You may also want to try project Gutenberg, they have lots of books, in audio form for free.

15 Nov 2011 19:31

re:

I borrowed Interview With A Vampire from my local library for a long road trip. The voice actors were amazing and kept me interested. I listened to it before the movie came out, so it allowed me to manifest my own mental images.

You should choose an audio book that is similar to what you would want to read or watch as a movie.

Sesel
15 Nov 2011 22:08

re

> You should choose an audio book that is similar to what
> you would want to read or watch as a movie.

I agree with that ,

17 Nov 2011 16:35

Audio books

Thanks for all your replies.

I will try the scifirecommendation.

salience ♀
Becki
19 Nov 2011 21:49

re: favorite audio book

"World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War is a 2006 post-apocalyptic horror novel by Max Brooks. Rather than a grand overview or narrative, its is a collection of individual accounts in the form of first-person anecdote"-Wikipedia
It was a great, bone chilling novel but it is FABULOUS as an audio book.
Each account is read by a different actor. It makes the whole thing feel very real. Assuming you like zombie novels :)

dubberzz ♂
Rob from The city of wind (Illinois)
23 Nov 2011 11:05

Re:

If I do audio books I usually have a pdf of the book to follow along with. It seems to help retain what I'm listening to. Right now I'm listening/reading the prequel to what Salience above me was discussing.

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead By Max Brooks.

Mädchen ♀
Kathy
04 Dec 2011 15:57

the voice

You can also search for audiobooks read by your favourite authors/actors for instance :)
It's always nice listening to a calming or lively voice.

24 Dec 2011 12:03

I listened to

Chris Evans audio book read by himself. It was great to hear him reading it. Seems to take a long time though...