Apple Safari 5.1.9 (Mac OS X Snow Leopard): Instructions for clearing browser cache and deleting cookies
Click here for instructions for other browsers.
Clearing browser cache (text only)
- Step 1: Open a Finder window.
- Step 2: In the menu bar click on "Go".
- Step 3: Choose "Go to Folder...".
- Step 4: Type or copy paste the command ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db
- Step 5: Confirm with "Go".
- Step 6: Delete the file Cache.db (this file only!)
- Step 7: Quit Safari.
- Step 8: Open Safari again.
The keyboard shortcut cmd+alt+E as well as the possibilities to "Empty Caches" via menus don't work reliably.