How can I change my password?
Before you change your password, try to think of one which not only is easy to memorize but also secure. One example: A password is secure if someone who knows you and your friends cannot guess it.
The more secure a password is, the less likely that someone else will get hold of it. After all, you want to avoid someone else being able to log in with your nickname and having the possibility to fool around in and with your name, such as writing your friends mean entries in their guestbook, or for harassing them in the chat. This person would be able to read and delete all your chatmails, post mean chatmails, change your data such as your password or e-mail address, or could even delete your nickname.
In the following, you will find some information and some tips for choosing a secure password:
- The password should be unique, that means it should be valid exclusively for this Community and should under no circumstances be used anywhere else. Otherwise the operator of the website XYZ might also be able to read your e-mails, or to log in under your nickname, etc.
- Never use a password that you have already had once.
- The password must consist of at least 6 characters. Better, however, are 8 characters or more.
- It has to contain at least one number (0-9). Better, though, would be a combination of letters, numbers and special characters.
The following special characters can be included: "&", "+", "-", "@", "$", "_", "/", "(", ")", "?", "!" and "%".
- Our system is case-sensitive.
If possible, use both small and capital letters in your password.
- Never use your name or a friend's name, the name of your pet, your favorite star, movie, book or the city you live in, etc.
Supposed tricks, such as writing the name from the reverse, or changing the order of your first and second name, are also much too insecure.
- Never use date of birth, in any form whatsoever.
To change your password, log into the Community, and, on the homepage, go to "Settings", and "Change password", enter the data requested, and click on "Change password".