A newspaper reported that a woman's fight with a stubborn cockroach landed her husband in hospital with burns, a broken pelvis and broken ribs.
Frightened by the insect she had found in their living room, the woman stomped on it, threw it in a toilet and then sprayed an entire can of insecticide on it when it when it refused to die.
Her husband arrived home from work, went to the toilet and lit a cigarette. When he threw the cigarette butt into the bowl, it caused the insecticide fumes to ignite which seriously burned his sensitive parts.
When paramedics arrived at the home, they laughed so hard when they learned what had happened that they dropped the stretcher down the stairs, breaking the unidentified man's pelvis and ribs.